There are many students who – for different reasons – need a place where to live during the university years because they choose to study in another city due to the presence of academic contents that suit their needs or because they live far from universities or other similar institutions.
Spending the study period in lodgings does not only mean living at the university, but it also represents a beautiful personal experience and an opportunity to live together with other students. Students are able to live autonomously and independently from their families, in a cosy atmosphere favourable to study.
University residences are managed by the Puglia Regional Agency for the Right to University Study (A.di.S.U.: Agenzia per il diritto allo studio della Regione Puglia).
In the city, there are three residences:
- on via Trieste 14, with 26 beds, 2 of which are reserved for students with disabilities. Some of the services offered include TV room, WI-FI Internet connection and study library;
- “Marina Mazzei” residence, on via Galanti, has 99 beds, 6 of which are for students with disabilities. It also offers cafeteria service, WI-FI Internet connection, library, video room, audio room, study room, room for students registered in the Accademia di Belle Arti, computer room, 2 washing machines and ironing room;
- “Maria Cristina di Savoia” university residence, on viale Di Vittorio, has 60 beds, and will be opened in October 2013.
Italian and foreign students considered to be “outside their towns” as shown in the table of towns, who are registered in degree courses, specialist degree courses, Master’s degree courses (Italian Ministerial Decree 270/2004), single-cycle degree programmes, research doctorates and specialisation courses at the institutions listed below are able to compete for obtaining lodging:
- Università degli Studi di Bari
- Politecnico di Bari
- Conservatorio “N. Piccinni” – Bari
- Conservatorio “N. Rota” – Monopoli (BA)
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Bari
- LUM Jean Monnet – Casamassima (BA)
- Università degli Studi di Foggia
- Conservatorio “U. Giordano” – Foggia
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Foggia
- Istituto Superiore di Scienze Religiose “Giovanni Paolo II” di Foggia
- Università del Salento
- Conservatorio “T. Schipa” – Lecce
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Lecce
- Istituto Musicale “G. Paisiello” – Taranto
The lodging is granted – by means of competition – to those students who meet the merit, income and property requirements established by the announcement of the competition, and it is exclusively reserved to the assignee, who may not transfer its use to other individuals, not even temporarily.
The access to the residence is governed by a specific annual announcement of competition, which establishes the granting criteria and the possible relative fees. The scholarship and lodging winning student is exempted from the monthly payment of any fees, which are fully deducted from the abovementioned benefit. The annual Announcement regulates other types of allocations and the relative costs.