The professional profile of the graduates will have the features and capabilities listed below:
- critically evaluate data relating to the health and illness of the individual from a clinical point of view;
- address and responsibly resolve priority health problems from the preventive, diagnostic, prognostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation standpoint;
- communicate clearly and humanely with the patient and family members;
- work with the various professionals working in different healthcare activity groups;
- demonstrate the ability to apply medical decisions, including the principles of health economics;
- demonstrate the ability to recognize community health problems and take action.
The degree in Medicine is a qualification required for practice as a doctor-surgeon in all the areas in which this professional figure is needed. The degree in Medicine is a qualification required to access Schools of Specialization in the Medical area and access training courses for General Practitioners.
Graduates in Medicine and Surgery perform the activities of a doctor-surgeon in various clinical, health and biomedical fields.