The Course in Biomolecular Sciences and Technologies is in the process of initial accreditation by the National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research and the Ministry of Education.
The course will be held in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton (UK). It intends to provide graduates with the tools necessary to implement an integrated cognitive approach to biological systems. This term indicates an approach aimed at studying the set of molecular components, biological / physiological parameters and their interactions in complex systems.
For the purposes indicated, the course includes training activities that allow:
- to acquire in-depth knowledge of the structural components of the cell, their role in maintaining cellular integrity, in cellular communication and in the regulation of metabolism
- to know and understand the technologies used for genetic manipulation
- to acquire adequate chemistry and physics skills, in particular to integrate the scientific foundations of the methodologies of analysis that characterize the biomolecular technologies
- to acquire adequate mathematics, statistics and computer skills, in particular those aimed at data analysis
- to know how to use all the information deriving from modern biotechnological platforms and to apply them in concrete situations to analyze and understand biological phenomena
- to acquire adequate knowledge of legal and deontological regulations and bioethical issues
- to acquire skills in management
Admission to the Degree Program foresees that the student has passed the local admission test, based on multiple choice questions. The selection is made annually in September and this year is scheduled for 7 September.
Students attend the lectures and research laboratories located at the "Emanuele Altomare" Biomedical University; the university clinical departments and services are within the "Ospedali Riuniti" Hospital of Foggia.
The course prepares for the profession of:
- Technician in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries
- Technician in University and other institutions and public or private bodies of biomedical, pharmaceutical and biotechnological research
- Consultant for small and medium-sized enterprises in the field of environmental quality and hygiene in the workplace
- Scientific informant