The course aims to train professionals in possession of an advanced level of preparation, suitably calibrated for the exercise of a highly qualified specialist work within the field of agricultural science and technology, and at the end of the studies, can guarantee the achievement of an integrated set of knowledge, skills and abilities as well as providing mastery and autonomy in the profession of agronomist.
The training is aimed at obtaining skills related to the design and management of agricultural production systems, in close relation to the local context, its implications in the production business, socio-economic and environmental issues, by adopting stringent working methodologies and appropriate and innovative technological tools.
Graduates of this course of study will be able to carry out professional activities in agriculture and in the food industry, in both the public and private sectors.
For graduates of this course, there are employment opportunities in intellectual, scientific and highly specialized fields, ie professions which require a high level of knowledge and experience in science.
With reference to the professional activities classified by ISTAT, employment opportunities can be recognized as part of the Life Sciences (188.8.131.52.1 - Technical agronomists, 184.108.40.206.0 - Zootecnici, 220.127.116.11.2 - Technicians of foodstuffs). In particular, graduates may enroll on the list of agronomists and forestry, after passing the state examination.
This course also allows access to PhD courses and Postgraduate Schools and provides outlet also in research.
The following sector fall within the competences and, therefore, the possible uses of Graduates:
- the development of innovative processes in the context of agricultural systems, through their use in research, technical assistance and dissemination;
- the conduct of its business or the management of primary production and processing of agricultural products as well as business consulting services with a high level of professional qualification;
- the planning and management of agricultural systems, including eco-friendly and organic systems;
- entrance, by means of competition, into public administration, with particular reference to technical and managerial roles inherent to the planning or programming of agricultural production activities;
- market research and activities related to agricultural production.