The three-year Bachelor Degree Program in “Business Administration” (“Economia Aziendale” – University of Foggia – Department of Economics) seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Contribute to advancement of education/training as well as to promulgation and development of knowledge and understanding in the business administration domain.
- Spread both theoretic fundamentals of management and practical decision-making behaviors with regard of the essential functional areas of companies (production, technology, accounting, computing, financial reporting, auditing, logistics, marketing, information, corporate valuation and performance, social responsibility and business ethics, etc.) and sectors (industry, services, agricultural, banking, public sector, non-profit etc.).
- Teach the major issues concerning economics, quantitative methodologies (mathematic, statistical etc.) and legal (civil and fiscal) norms, procedures and contracts related to firms’ life.
- Ensure the capability of analysis and interpretation of phenomena and business data, the selection of the relevant information and for critical reading, with a view to formulating and reasoning of independent judgments on the corporate governance.
- Prepare professionals in accounting, strategy, finance & organization, through the sound utilization of accurate educational processes, in the context of the present business environment and in light of tradition and modernity (best doctrine and best practice).
- Put students in condition to handle approaches to improve organizational performance and play an important role in the community as future protagonist, enabling him or her to take responsibilities and contribute to solving problems through conceptual and operating thinking, collective work, reflection, self-development.
- Link academic programs and specializations with actual requirements of the surrounding work environment. This goal will be achieved by maintaining effective participation and cooperation between the university and local business firms (also throughout stages for students).
- Enrich and develop business administration intellectual resources.
- Establish communication and exchange of ideas with other Universities and Society.
In brief, the Program intends to provide general knowledge and applied broad-spectrum in all areas of business administration, both in preparation for direct entry into the world of work and occupations, and in letting continue on university education at higher levels. Its goal is to develop students’ business acumen and their future managerial abilities through consistent international programs.
The Program of the Degree is declined into three different curricula which grant students specific sets of distinctive competencies:
- Tourism Services.
The three curricula, appropriately structured (where the first two years are in common with the third of each path differentiated), can guide students in their choices and future activities in consideration of their inclinations, results and engagement. The first path will supply sound business principles, concepts and strategies that apply to firms and thus the student can flexibly move into any sector. The second path is addressed to students who wish to be fine practitioners especially in the field of accountancy and auditing (business consulting). The third path is dedicated to students who want to become skillful tourist operator or experts in such a specific field so important in Italy.
The bachelor Degree in Business Administration (Economia Aziendale ” – University of Foggia – Department of Economics) prepares its students for a career in business and gives the opportunity to be an entrepreneur, manage a company or start business on their own. Graduates will be able to find suitable employment in private enterprise, non-profit organizations and the public sector.
The Bachelor of Business Administration program provides students with enormous flexibility in their professional career thanks to a solid foundation in management theory and real-world business practice (in the accounting field, above all) across a broad set of operational areas. The student, indeed, will learn the basics of competing in today's marketplace and helping a given company succeed.
In other words, the Foggia University Bachelor of Business Administration program will arm students with a complete set of skills that are conveniently and profitably applicable in any business, regardless of industry.
As known, in this degree, important business areas are afforded, including marketing, management, accounting, statistics, computing, human resource management and finance. This broad exposure will let individuals contribute in several parts of an organization.
Graduates will develop their management edge, become a dynamic leader, and understand current management theory and practice, as well as sharpen their abilities through real-world applications and problem solving approach. Likewise, graduates will be able to commit themselves to economic-accountancy professions (as renewed by legislative decree n. 139/2005). At last, they could devote themselves to the gainful and challenging tourism sector.
Therefore, the figure we intend to form is aimed at both the self-employment and employee (pointing primarily to the top or middle management of the company organization; yet to operations management, staff adviser etc).
More exactly, the graduate will be able to cover the following job roles:
- Auditor, either internal or external;
- business Consultant;
- Qualified accountant / “Expert” / “Chartered” (after the 18-month practicum and passing the state exam: the graduate will be able to enter the unified register of Chartered Accountants - Section B);
- Legal/Statutory auditor (after the 36 months practicum and successfully passing the examination of professional competence);
- Clerk / employee function in administration and control;
- Specialist in management, organization and control in private companies and public entities;
In particular, business managers shall perform superior directional functions, designed mostly at the planning, organization and control of business operations relating to production, trade, finance, accounting, etc. The auditor, instead, will verify the effectiveness of internal administrative procedures through compliance testing, identifying areas of risk and formulating correct lines of conduct and corporate directives (whilst the accounting auditor supervises in the second grade corporate internal control system, ie the accounts and financial reports). The accounting expert may operate also as freelancer with activities indicated by art. 1, decree 139, as administration and liquidation of companies; provision of technical advice and expertise; control of bookkeeping, tax and labor; verification of the reliability of financial statements and accounts of entities either public or private; inspections and administrative reviews; etc. The executive and control function determines personal positions of employment as a clerk (early employment); further, at the next level of experience, the graduate may reach the rank of Head of function, getting higher recognition and responsibility. Graduates will be able to work with adequate expertise as regards corporate governance and performance field (“expert of Economia Aziendale”).
Ultimately, through training and experience accruable in a reasonable time, the graduate is put in condition to progressively reach top positions in productive organizations in a broad sense intended (industrial, finance, other services, public companies or bodies, etc.), make a satisfactory career or successfully place in the market of self-employment (thus generating his or her income directly from customers, clients or other organizations instead of becoming a business employee). A proactive future career is likewise allowed in network of professional firms providing audit, tax and advisory services for businesses.