The master degree program in Business Administration offers an advanced business education designed to:
- Develop broad and flexible competencies in business;
- Teach the accounting and management skills required by the leaders of private and public organizations;
- Prepare qualified students for graduate work in global and dynamic marketplaces.
Students are challenged to recognize and define complex business problems, explore alternatives, and effectively communicate solutions.
In particular, students will have an advanced and integrated understanding of the core business disciplines and be able to apply this knowledge to global business situations. The education provided through the Master Degree Program in Business Administration aims to reach the following objectives:
- Objective 1:
Students will demonstrate knowledge of disciplinary concepts, terminology, models, and perspectives.
- Objective 2:
Students will identify business problems and apply appropriate solutions (problem-solving).
- Objective 3:
Students will integrate knowledge across disciplinary areas (integrative thinking).
- Objective 4:
Students will apply knowledge in a global environment.
Functions in a work context
Graduates in Business Administration should be able to apply knowledge and skills in order to solve various business problems, relating in particular to:
- Information systems;
- Corporate finance;
- Corporate governance;
- Strategic and management control;
- Risk management;
- Management of banks and insurance companies;
- Mergers & acquisitions.
Main functions related to the exit profile and skills associated with each function
Graduates in Business Administration will be able to perform the following functions:
- activities related to entrepreneurial / managerial roles in various commodities sectors (profit and non profit);
- activities related to professional workers focused on accounting and management, as chartered professional accountants;
- business analyst in consulting firms specialized in strategic, financial and organizational analysis.
Skills associated with the function
Graduates in Business Administration have appropriate skills both to solve operational problems related to Business Administration and to engage theoretical discussions, by means of interdisciplinary approaches aimed at analyzing and facing complex issues.
The course helps graduates to improve their skills in order to gain the qualification of chartered professional accountants and auditors, according to European regulations.
The Course of Business Administration gives graduates high skills which could be used especially for the following job positions:
- manufacturing, trading, and financial services companies;
- auditing and business consulting firms;
- public sector;
- non profit organizations;
- other job positions which require business administration expertise.