Aim of the course is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge on the following topics:
• sizing of plant and equipment for the Catering;
• principle of operation of the plant and equipment studied;
• safety standards of facilities and equipment;
• logistic models used in the restaurant industry.
The student on the basis of the knowledge acquired will be capable to:
• recognize the different types of venues for catering;
• size the spaces, facilities and equipment needed to organize a vanue for catering;
• assess the equipment and logistical present security status
• Salvatore Ciappellano – Manuale della ristorazione - Ambrosiana
• Ellis Horwood Limited C.Katsigris, C. Thomas - DESIGN and EQUIPMENT for RESTAURANTS and FOODSERVICE - John Wiley & Sons;
• Slides and other scientific material supplied by the lecturers
Introduction, Type of production and type of catering; The premises of the catering structure; The different types of layout and design criteria of the spaces; Service plants; The equipment used for the preparation and preservation of foods; the equipment dimensioning criteria; The safety of equipment and systems (regulatory and legislative aspects).