Knowledge of italian literature.
- Manuscripts and printed books;
- the transmission of the texts; - - the critical edition;
- author’s philology;
- historical informations;
- the case of Giuniano Maio’s lexicon;
- Isabella Morra’s poetry
The course aims to develop students’ knowledges about philological studies, critical standard edition, tools and repertoires used by philologists. Students will develop skills of literary analysis and greater awareness of the elements which determine the poetic creation.
- Knowledge of the principal aspects of philological studies (manuscripts and printed books; the transmission of the texts; the critical edition; author’s philology); promotion of awareness of methodological development;
- students will be able to evaluate the difference between theory and practice of methodologies;
- development of autonomous judgement in literary analysis;
- proficiency with technical language of philological studies;
- stimulation of discussion and creative approaches to this area of learning
Alfredo Stussi, Introduzione agli studi di filologia italiana, V edizione, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2015.
The case of Giuniano Maio’s De priscorum proprietate verborum (materials provided by the teacher)
Isabella Morra, Rime, a cura di G.A. Palumbo, Bari, Stilo, 2019.
Examination method oral to determine whether
expected learning results have been reached.
The first half of course will be dedicated to the theory of philological studies (manuscripts and printed books; the transmission of the texts; the critical edition; author’s philology; historical informations). The second half will introduce students to the case of Giuniano Maio’s lexicon and to Isabella Morra’s poetry through a philological approach and at the intersection of multiple methodologies