Grammar at A2 level of CEFR
2. pair and group work
3. cooperative and collaborative learning
The aim of this course is to consolidate and deepen English language
skills with particular reference to communication in the agriculture field.
The aim of this course is to develop a linguistic competence in English at
an Pre-Intermediate level, i.e. equal to level B1 of the Common European
Framework for foreign languages.
1. Morris, Catrin Elen, Laura Bresciani e Luca Poli. Excellent – Catering
Cooking and Service. Recanati: ELI, 2016.
2. Elliott, Sue, and Amanda Thomas. Cambridge English Compact
Preliminary for Schools, 2013.
At the end of the course, students will take an exam (written and oral).
It is mandatory to pass the written part of the exam to be able to take the
During the oral part of the exam the student is to show their ability to
hold a conversation about general English as well as about the topics
covered in class.
Consultation of texts of any kind during the exam (written and oral) is not
Students with special needs are strongly advised to contact the instructor
well in advance to better accommodate them during the exams.
1. simple present and present continuous
2. simple past and past continuous
3. future forms
4. conditionals (zero, first and second)
6. countable and uncountable nouns
7. must and have to
9. much/many; how much/how many
10. comparative and superlative
11.present perfect (since and for)
12. simple past and present perfect
1. informal letters
2. recipes and menus
3. formal letters
4. covering letters
1. The Mediterranean Diet
2. The eatwell plate
3. What's in a menu?
4. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus
5. Diet and nutrition
6. How to write a CV
7. How to write a cover letter
8. Food in the USA
1. talking about yourself, your family and your hobbies
2. talking about what you're wearing
3. describe pictures
4. talk about actions and events happening in the past and/or in the
5. discuss about movies watched and songs listened to in class
6. job interviews
7. talking about diet and nutrition